Friday, August 17, 2012

A Poem...

Tomorrow is Bad Poetry Day. I will be making my family write bad poems to share at dinner. I decided to get an early start by writing a poem to my fat.

A Poem to My Fat…

How do I lose thee? Let me count the ways.

I lose thee in Body Combat where I reach a new height,
My sweat pours down…Meg & Cara are outta sight!

They are tough and mean but full of grace,
Not gonna lie, sometimes I wanna punch them in the face!

But after the last round, my outlook is sunny,
Though they scare me enough to give them my milk money.

I lose thee purely, as I turn away from junk,
I just washed my workout clothes – man they really stunk!

In my old griefs, to food I always would turn.
Get out of my way Cookie, I’ve got calories to burn!

Armed with ibuprofen and new friends at the Rave
I’ve got a long way to go, but I’m feeling really brave!

Lydia and Franchesca in Body Jam they stir
With their hair hanging down, so they’re more sexier!

They play the music and do The Hustle
Beat it FAT – I’m replacing you with MUSCLE!

3 comments: